Saturday, November 19, 2022

SO MUCH TO LOVE

Oh, how I love to be home.  At my computer.  On my couch.  Organizing my stuff.  In my kitchen.  In the family room.  In the bedroom.  Outside.  Pulling weeds.  Watering the garden.  By the fire pit. On my patio . . . 


Oh, how I love to be at the beach. In the waves.  On the sand.  In the sun.  In the shade.  In an outdoor shower.  On a deck.  On a bike.  On a boat ride. Eating clams . . . 

Oh, how I love to be on a trip.  In the car.  On a train. In the mountains. By a waterfall.  By a glacier.  In the wild.  In a city.  In a museum.  At a play.  In a cathedral.  On a square.  Seeing new sights.  Doing new things.  Eating new foods.  Meeting new people.  Visiting ruins.  Soaking up culture.  Learning history . . . 

Oh, how I love to be alone.  Cooking.  Shopping.  Sorting.  Driving.  Thinking.  Reading.  Writing.  Praying.  Dreaming.  Stretching.  Swimming.  Biking.  Napping . . .

Oh, how I love to be with others.  At a restaurant.  At church.  At book club.  In a class.  For a lunch.  On special occasions.  On no occasion.  At my house.  At their house.  Indoors.  Outdoors.  For a night out.  For cookouts.  On my birthday.  On their birthday.  Meeting new friends. Cherishing old friends . . .   

 County Courthouse

Oh, how I love[d] to be working.  Earning a living.  Using my brain.  Sharpening my skills.  Solving problems.  Winning cases.  Helping families.  Being productive. Feeling useful.  Being challenged . . . 

Oh, how I love to be with family.  Laughing.  Clowning.  Playing.  Loving.  Appreciating. Listening.  Caretaking.  Sharing traditions.  Sharing stories.  Sharing food.  Sharing heartbreaks.  Relying upon.  Being together. . .  


Oh, how I love to be with my spouse.  Talking.  Listening.  Laughing.  Planning.  Deciding.  Doing.  Remembering.  Anticipating. Worrying. Sharing. Loving. Sleeping.  Solving.  Watching movies. Eating.  Taking care of each other.  Being together . . . 

All of these things we do, alone or together, at home or away, often or seldom.  Each thing waiting its turn to give us pleasure or comfort or excitement, however each of us completes the sentence, "Oh, how I love . . .  Such fullness arrayed before us.       
                                                    Gratefully, Nina Naomi















No comments:

Post a Comment