Tuesday, August 23, 2022

SOME VERSE FOR TODAY

 


In a City Apartment

Outside the door the hedgerow grows

By rusty links of chain along the walk.

A lonely chipmunk skitters over litter, lawn and leaves

While honeysuckle vines entwine

Around the fence, white petals overshine,

Tendrils reaching, straining, fragrant, sure.

Not thwarted by old boundaries torn.

I should be so bold amongst the litter of my years. 

 

 

Where Lies My Heart?

Where lay my heart on Bonfire Day? 

Did I forget how I must pray?

Mistake my need to verify?

Or am I freed from all that made me cry? 

 

I shall not now repeat what once I kept.

Those thoughts unbidden nor will I regret

My choice to save the future from the past.

I've sent my sad words into flames at last. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment