Thursday, April 11, 2024

THE EVERYDAY TO-DO LIST

Fort Macon, Bogue Shores, NC

  • Feel gratitude for your blessings.  Today when I woke up my worsening back felt stable.  I feel immense gratitude for every day that I can focus on all the wonders ahead and not my boring back. 
  • Do something that makes you happy.  I met with knitting friends this morning.  Being with friends always makes us happy.  What would you like your happy thing to be tomorrow? 
  • Live one day at a time.  Of course.  "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."  Matthew 6:34. But more.  When we live in the present our days are longer.  I want that. I don't want to miss a minute of my day, do you?  I tend to ruminate sometimes.  Things that I have already survived or am surviving daily come back to steal my energy.  Noticing blessings helps with this.  Praying helps.  
  • Try to be content.  Content, at peace, those calm emotions.  Awe is wonderful.  Exuberance is a delight.  But mostly content; I'll take that.  
  • Stay close to God.  And the peace of God which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in the love of God.
  • Do all things with love.  How else would we ever want to do something?  Carelessly? Angrily? No, with love. 
  • Take good care of yourself and those whose care is entrusted to you.  This includes spouses and partners, not just children. Someone who loves us deserves our attention and to feel safe in our care.
  • Think of positive words to describe yourself.  Right off the bat I thought of friendly, intelligent, thoughtful, empathetic, attentive, loving, eager and creative.  What about you?  I bet a list comes quickly.  Believe it.  Accept the good about yourself.  Nothing can be achieved by someone who is down on themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment