Friday, March 12, 2021

IT'S SPRING FOR US, TOO.


Hellebores grow wild in our woods so we brought some closer to the house. When they bloom in Lent, like now, they're the Lenten Rose.  Blooming mid-December, they're the Christmas rose.  Baby violets are starting to dot our composted beds too.  They vie with the grape hyacinths for the bluest hue. The deer leave all of these and the cheerful daffodils alone.  Funny how happy the change of seasons makes us. Buzzing summer bees, golden-leaved fall trees, newly fallen snow or damp spring mornings--all equally welcome.  

The wonders of another spring go perfectly with the other wonders of this month.  Now that we're vaccinated we have grandchildren-sleep-overs; the first on-the-porch restaurant visit tonight; a timed, spaced family museum outing earlier this week.  We've planned a fall trip to D.C. to visit friends and my husband promises he'll join me in a road trip.  "Not now but soon" is becoming a reality. 

This is happening to you too, isn't it?  A happiness I've heard called the endorphins of possibility.  A spot of scientific jargon for our rising emotional health; I like it.  It's so wonderful not to fear every encounter.  We are hugging new people daily. 

I know many people have been more open to activities than I have. I just got my first professional haircut in a year.  And a pedicure so long overdue that my feet have been feeling like donkey hooves.  

All in all, no matter everything we've been through, it's an auspicious spring.  Full of lightness and optimism. Are you feeling this too?  I want to paraphrase:  This is the season the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  

                                      With thanksgiving, Nina Naomi 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment